The Latrobe Valley Authority is partnering with the community and businesses to deliver action that improves outcomes for everyone in the Latrobe Valley. We help make the ideas and aspirations of the community a reality. Driving the coordinated action across all levels of government to make a real difference.
- Support workers and businesses affected by the closure of the Hazelwood Power Plant and Mine.
- Work to get business conditions right to bring more jobs to the Latrobe Valley.
- Build infrastructure that meets community needs and creates jobs.
- Build on Gippsland’s new Regional Partnership and take a collaborative approach to working with people in the Latrobe Valley.
- Assist industry to explore opportunities.
- Coordinate with all parts of government to get around blockages and barriers.
How will we work with the community?
The people of the Valley have put a lot of work into looking at their future and there are already dozens of reports and plans on how to diversify the local economy and take advantage of new opportunities. We will collaborate with the community to deliver on plans for new jobs and a stronger economic, social and environmental future.
What area do we cover?
The Latrobe Valley is between the Strzelecki Ranges and Baw Baw Ranges. The Valley has a population of approximately 125,000 people with three major urban centres; Moe, Morwell, and Traralgon. It covers three local government areas administered by the Latrobe City Council, Baw Baw Shire Council and Wellington Shire Council.
Who is running it?
A team of local people funded by the Victorian Government who are driven by the needs of our local community.
It is led by Ms Kylie White, who has been appointed as Interim CEO. Kylie has a history of working in the Valley and working on issues of environmental, economic and social significance.
Where are we located?
We are based at 131 Princes Drive, Morwell. We are a part of the community, staffed by people who are local and who understand the Valley.
The lva.vic.gov.au website is published by the State Government of Victoria, Australia and managed by staff at the Latrobe Valley Authority in Morwell.
Please visit our Contact Us page to submit an enquiry, find a contact or provide feedback on the website.
Last updated: January 31, 2017