Jobs Victoria New Energy Priority Workforce Project
The Jobs Victoria New Energy Priority Workforce Project is a transformative initiative supported by Jobs Victoria and facilitated by the Latrobe Valley Authority. Working in close cooperation with Gippsland businesses, the project will create more than 100 jobs in the emerging New Energy Sector.
Support for Priority Jobseekers
Our mission is to provide targeted support to people who may face challenges finding employment, including:
- Long-term unemployed (unemployment for 6 months or more prior to commencement with an employer)
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples
- People with disabilities
- Newly arrived migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds
- Single parents
- Young people 18 to 25
- Jobseekers registered with a Jobs Victoria Partner
- Refugees and people seeking asylum
- Public and social housing tenants
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Our goal is to connect people who experience barriers to employment with stable and meaningful job opportunities in the growing New Energy Sector.
To ensure that we meet the needs of our target audiences, the jobs created will meet specific criteria:
- They will be tailored to the needs of the priority jobseekers and the sector.
- They will focus on creating sustainable employment opportunities with a scale and speed that align with government priorities.
- They will emphasise training and skill development opportunities and provide on-the-job support.
- They will be innovative in approach, contributing to growing resilient sectors and offering value for money.
Our Partner - Maxima
We are collaborating with Maxima, a not-for-profit, community-oriented organisation, to provide a holistic support system. They'll offer wrap-around support to help priority jobseekers succeed in their roles and maintain long-term employment. This includes material support, a ‘buddy’ system with experienced workers, and mentoring for at least the first six months. Additionally, Maxima will provide accredited training programs to help our jobseekers gain a formal qualification through an 'earn and learn' model.
Secure Jobs for Gippsland
At the heart of this project is the commitment to provide secure jobs. All positions created will last for at least 12 months, with wages paid from the outset. This approach ensures that employees can start their new career sooner while earning an income, bolstering both confidence and financial stability.
We communicate with our employers. Our employer engagement team works with employers on workforce demand, ensuring workers meet training and screening needs and coordinating worker intakes. This robust engagement ensures the delivery of wrap-around support tailored to workforce needs.
Join us in this ambitious endeavour as we work to forge a brighter, more inclusive future in the New Energy Sector. Your involvement can make a significant difference in the lives of our priority jobseekers. Together, we can create a more resilient, inclusive, and prosperous Gippsland.
Interested in kickstarting your journey towards meaningful employment in the New Energy Sector? Visit Maxima's dedicated page for potential candidates. Discover more about their tailored services and support, and explore the opportunities waiting for you. We're committed to building a more inclusive, sustainable, and prosperous future.
We understand the importance of collaboration in creating inclusive and sustainable employment opportunities. We're eager to hear from you if you're an employer within the New Energy Sector.
Let's explore how we can work together to drive impactful employment solutions, cater to your workforce needs, and contribute towards a resilient and prosperous Gippsland.