Draft Transition Plan Released – Shaping the future of Latrobe Valley and Gippsland
We are building a Transition Plan for the Latrobe Valley and Gippsland that will help us navigate the future of the region together. Over the past few months, we have been gathering thoughts and reflections from people right across the Latrobe Valley and Gippsland.
We are thankful for the open and generous intent shown by the hundreds of people who have shared their hopes, dreams and aspirations for our region’s future.
From what we have heard so far, the draft plan sets out a shared vision for the community in 2035 that:
- identifies roles and opportunities for action across government, industry and the community and be accompanied by an action plan to track progress.
- describes how Gippsland can create quality, long-term jobs, retrain and re-skill workers in transitioning industries and improve the health and wellbeing of the community.
Easy read fact sheet for the Transition Plan.
Read the Information Sheet (WORD - 42.0 KB)
Draft Transition Plan
The final draft of the Transition Plan.
Read the Draft Transition Plan (WORD - 976.4 KB)
The discussion paper lays the foundations for the transition plan and presents feedback from consultation and engagement undertaken by the LVA.
Read the discussion paper (WORD - 43.3 KB)
A summary of existing activity occurring across the region.
Read the Activity Snapshot (WORD - 98.4 KB)
Have your say
We want to gather as much feedback as possible from right across the region, so please read through the plan and share your thoughts and ideas.
You can provide feedback in a number of ways:
- call 1800 136 762 and speak to a member of the team
- email your feedback to email@example.com
- request a face-to-face meeting with an LVA representative.
Community voice is at the heart of the transition plan
Local ideas and voices are so important in creating a shared vision that is embraced by our community and backed by local leaders, key employers, industry groups and government. We want to hear from as many people as possible to help identify and support local aspirations for our region’s future.
Learn more about the Transition Plan.
Download the Transition Plan Fact Sheet (PDF - 65.6 KB) .
Download the Transition Plan Fact Sheet - Accessible (WORD - 44.6 KB) .
What we have heard so far
This is what our community is telling us is important for them when looking to the future of Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley:
Education and training
- Access to relevant study and training opportunities
- Young people aspire to study and work in the region.
- High quality, valued jobs and career pathways in industries with a long-term future
- Grow, develop and retain a skilled workforce to meet the future needs of the region
- Increased workforce participation through accessible employment pathways and inclusive employment practices
- Support for transitioning workers in traditional industries.
- A thriving economy focused on identified areas of strength
- Local supply chains and local procurement
- Collaborative innovation.
- Sufficient housing to improve social outcomes and accommodate a growing workforce
- A healthy and attractive natural environment
- An inclusive and safe built environment that is appreciated by and caters to the needs of the community
- Empowered and thriving communities that are diverse and socially cohesive
- Accessible and inclusive services for health and wellbeing
- Integrated transport for access to jobs, education and services
- Reliable digital connectivity to enable businesses and the community to access the full benefits of digital innovation and inclusion.
Coordination, collaboration and shared leadership
- Clear roles and responsibilities across governments, industry, education and community
- Positive internal narrative for the region.
Want More Information?
If you would like to talk to someone in the team or to arrange a meeting with your organisation or community group, please contact us via the details below.
Phone: 1800 136 762
Stay in the loop
To get project updates delivered straight to your inbox, sign up to our mailing list. Or follow us on our social channels linked below.