Our region is going through change. It is time for a deeper conversation about the opportunities and challenges our community will face together.
What will Latrobe Valley and Gippsland look like in 2035?
The Latrobe Valley Authority is working with our community to develop a transition plan to guide us through the changes and support health and wellbeing, social, employment and economic outcomes for our region.
The Latrobe Valley Authority is actively seeking your ideas to engage in an exchange of information across communities in Latrobe Valley and Gippsland. Please help us to build a positive and inclusive plan for the region that we know and love.
How to have your say?
It is easy ... follow the link below and answer these two questions:
- What opportunities do you think industry transition will bring for our region?
- What strengths do you think we can build on for a positive and proactive transition to a vibrant and inclusive region in 2035?
Or, if you would like to organise a face-to-face meeting for yourself or your organisation to have your say about the transition plan, contact Jules Cole, Director Regional Strengths and Stakeholder Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community voice is at the heart of the transition plan
Local ideas and voices are so important in creating a shared vision that is embraced by our community and backed by local leaders, key employers, industry groups and government. We want to hear from as many people as possible to help identify and support local aspirations for our region’s future.
Download the fact sheet to learn more about the Plan.
What we have heard so far
This is what our community is telling us is important for them when looking to the future of Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley:
Education and training
- Access to relevant study and training opportunities
- Young people aspire to study and work in the region.
- High quality, valued jobs and career pathways in industries with a long-term future
- Grow, develop and retain a skilled workforce to meet the future needs of the region
- Increased workforce participation through accessible employment pathways and inclusive employment practices
- Support for transitioning workers in traditional industries.
- A thriving economy focused on identified areas of strength
- Local supply chains and local procurement
- Collaborative innovation.
- Sufficient housing to improve social outcomes and accommodate a growing workforce
- A healthy and attractive natural environment
- An inclusive and safe built environment that is appreciated by and caters to the needs of the community
- Empowered and thriving communities that are diverse and socially cohesive
- Accessible and inclusive services for health and wellbeing
- Integrated transport for access to jobs, education and services
- Reliable digital connectivity to enable businesses and the community to access the full benefits of digital innovation and inclusion.
Coordination, collaboration and shared leadership
- Clear roles and responsibilities across governments, industry, education and community
- Positive internal narrative for the region.
Want More Information?
If you would like to talk to someone in the team or to arrange a meeting with your organisation or community group, please contact us via the details below.
Phone: 1800 136 762
Stay in the loop
To get project updates delivered straight to your inbox, sign up to the mailing list here. Or follow us on the socials.