A revitalised Drouin Civic Park is not far away with $765,000 funding for new footpaths, boardwalks, a fitness park, play equipment and toilets thanks to the Latrobe Valley Authority’s Community and Facility Fund.
Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing MP today visited Civic Park to announce over $1.8 million in funding for this and other community projects across the Latrobe Valley. Other projects to receive funding include:
- Boisdale Stables – $167,919 to construct amenity, storage and display spaces at the historic site
- Boolarra Memorial Park – $77,271 to upgrade the electrical power supply and install oval irrigation
- Drouin Bowls Club – $208,027 to replace a grass green with a synthetic surface
- Latrobe City Council – $196,500 for cricket training nets and to relocate four turf wickets at Catterick Crescent Reserve in Traralgon
- Loch Sport Bowls Club – $148,500 for a new synthetic surface and concrete pathways
- Maffra Bowls Clubroom Upgrade – $114,041 to upgrade accessibility, safety and sustainability
- Moe Cricket Club – $26,770 to install solar panels at the Ted Summerton Reserve Pavilion
- Newborough Football Netball Club – $112,819 to construct a second netball court
- Ravens Park Riding Club – $15,128 for a mountain trail obstacle course at Glen View Park in Traralgon
- Gippsland Social Motorcycle Club – $15,000 for the Latrobe Motorfest 2020 at Mid Valley, anticipated to draw 15,000 spectators
- Upper Maffra Mechanics Institute – $2,824 for a business plan for the newly developed space.