The Victorian Government announced this week recipients of the Latrobe Valley Energy and Growth Program. A diverse range of renewable energy projects will share $1.98 million to create and support renewable energy jobs in sectors that include floating solar, geothermal, hybrid battery systems and renewable energy manufacturing.
Congratulations to the successful recipients:
- Yallambee Aged Care Energy Optimisation Demonstration – Solar PV system
- Renewable Growth for Heyfield Project – Solar PV system
- Gippsland Climate Change Network - Agricultural demonstration of floating solar – Floating solar system
- Earthworker Emergency Portable Renewable Energy Systems Project – Portable renewable energy system manufacture and design
- Wellington Shire Council – Feasibility of geoexchange/geothermal technology
- Sunny Afternoon’s -Dairy Energy Storage Project – Battery storage
- Mt Baw Baw Trial Renewable Energy Project – Solar and battery system
- Yarram Rec Reserve - Secure Back-Up Power Supply Project - Solar and battery system
- Gippsland Employment Skills Training Project – Solar PV system
The LVA will continue to work and collaborate with partners across the new energy sector, government, education, training and business to support and increase job opportunities across the region.