Today the Victorian Government launched round two of the $20 million New Energy Jobs Fund. The Fund is now open, with applications closing on 1 March 2017.
Up to $6 million is available in two streams – Community and Industry. Categories will focus on manufacturing, technology, community energy and skills development. Eligible projects may include physical projects, innovative business and finance models, and projects that address skills gaps in the sector.
Who can apply?
Grant funding for individual projects will range from $50,000 to $1 million, with the exception of community energy feasibility studies and business cases with a minimum limit of $20,000 and a maximum limit of $50,000 and $100,000 respectively.
Download the New Energy Jobs Fund fact sheet.
What types of projects are eligible?
Funding is available to support projects in the following categories:
- Development of community renewable energy project business cases and feasibility studies
- Implementation of community renewable energy projects
- Manufacturing: to support the manufacture of new energy technology components and systems
- Energy storage: to support projects that provide innovative solutions to alleviate grid constraints and advance the learnings from already completed and existing storage installations and trials
- Technology: to support innovative and unique projects that enable industry to optimise, adapt or integrate commercially available new energy technologies
- Skills and capacity building: to support projects which strengthen capabilities and capacity to innovate in the new energy technology sector.
To find out more about the New Energy Jobs Fund Round Two, how to apply, and to download detailed program guidelines and other supporting documentation, please visit the Business Victoria website.