Worker Support Services

Worker Transition Service

The Worker Transition Service connects workers and their families to the right services – to give them the skills, training, information and personal support they need to take up new employment opportunities, start their own business, move into retirement or adjust to a significant change in life circumstances.

Who can use the Worker Transition Service?

Current or previous clients and their family members can continue to use the service along with any workers or families wanting to access the service.  This includes Yallourn Power Station employees, contractors, supply chain employees and their family members.

What will the Worker Transition service do for you?

We can meet with you, your partner and other family members to assess your employment, training, financial and personal needs and then refer you to services that can support you. We can:

  • Assist you to identify employment and training services.  We are working with key service providers such as Skills and Job Centres who can help you to determine your training needs; and advise how to access training to suit your employment and career aspirations. These services can assist you with resume preparation; interview preparation and career advice.
  • Ensure that you are provided with the financial advice you need.
  • Make sure that you or your family members are provided with personal support if you need it. This may include mental health support or support provided through local health and community services.
  • Provide you with small business advice and assistance if you are considering starting a new business.

We are here to assist you in the long-term

Our role is to stick with you and assist you to navigate the service system. You may be comfortable engaging directly with services, or you may need more help and support to access the right services and information for you. We can work alongside you and find out information on your behalf and we'll keep checking in with you to see that you are getting the support you need.

If you would like to talk to someone about your options, please get in touch.

Phone: 1800 136 762